What’s New in Get-HyperVReport.ps1 v1.5
Windows 8 and 8.1 OS support for script runtime environment
In order to run script on Windows 8 and 8.1, you need to enable Hyper-V and Clustering PowerShell modules manually.
New Cluster Overview section
In this new section script reports momentary resource usage about Hyper-V cluster environment.
- Node – Number of nodes in the cluster (Up/Total)
- Logical Processor – Number of logical processors on “$” up nodes
- Memory – Memory size on “$” up nodes (Used/Total)
- Storage – Storage size on online clustered disks (Used/Total)
- vMachine – Number of clustered VMs (Running/Total)
- vProcessor – Number of VPs on “$” running and “$” paused clustered VMs
- vMemory – Memory size of running or paused clustered VMs (Assigned/Maximum)
- vStorage – Virtual hard disk size of running clustered VMs (Current/Maximum)
Storage Overcommitment (Active VHD column in Disks/Volumes section)
This is my favourite feature in this release :) It reports active VHD (which is assigned to a running VM) number per volume. Also it predicts volume space overcommitment by calculating current file size and maximum disk size information and creates an alert which is shown by a highlight in the relevant volume cell.
Supports for Extended Replica reporting
In this version, script can also report all replication modes (Primary, Replica and Extended) and creates notifications about replication status.
Hyper-V host information extended
- Virtual Processors per Logical Processor ratio
- Computer Manufacturer, Model
- Processor Manufacturer, Model, Ghz
- Running VM count detailed as Clustered and Non-clustered
VM Virtual Network information added
- Network adapter device type
- Connection status
- Virtual switch name
- IP address (v4/v6)
- VLAN ID
- Advanced – MAC Address, MAC Type, DHCP Guard, Raouter Guard, Port Mirroring, Protected Network
New $ReportFileNameTimeStamp parameter
Default value of this parameter is $true. If you set it to $false then html report’s filename will not have date and time value and it will always has the same filename. With this method it will be easy to publish the report on various web servers.